The SEC is getting serious about cyber security.
You should be too.
Proactive cyber security is becoming a business imperative for investment advisors and wealth management firms:
Companies that handle sensitive financial data lose business if they can’t show how they take a serious, proactive approach to cyber security.
Attacks like ransomware can put your business out of commission for days. Small businesses lose, on average, $100,000 when they are attacked. That loss isn’t covered by traditional insurance.
Avoid Fines & Pass Audits
SEC auditors want to see firms not only have an Information Security policy, but have ways to prove that their policy is being followed.
Protect Your Reputation
Companies who are hacked are required to disclose the breach to customers, employees, and partners. This is embarrassing and often covered by the media.
Protect Technology and Prevent Human Error
Gone are the days when firewall and antivirus programs were enough to protect your critical assets. Now every piece of technology you use (from email and computers to smartphones and wifi) are a possible vector for an embarrassing breach. We work with your IT team (outsource or in-house) to review your technology setup and make sure you have the right layers of defense to protect your company against hackers and data breaches.
We cover much more than just technology, though. According to IBM, 95% of all security breaches are caused by human error. We help you with the training and testing to make sure your staff know the right things to do.
According to IBM, 95% of all security breaches are caused by human error.
The Solution: Adelia Risk Cyber Security as a Service
Adelia Risk will:
- Provide added protection against breaches and malware
- Give you confidence that your security measures are working
- Teach your staff how to practice good cyber security
- Figure out which employees need additional training
- Provide evidence for customers and regulators to prove you take cyber security seriously
You Get the Complete Solution
- Annual risk and gap assessment – we find the gaps between your policy and the real world, and help you fix them.
- Sensitive data inventory – where are your “crown jewels” that need to be protected from hackers?
- Third party vendor risk review – how are your downstream vendors exposing you to hackers?
- Train your users on common cyber security fails – monthly training videos that take less than 5 minutes and are actually fun.
- Detect suspicious activity – monitor your firewall logs for signs of an attack.
- Secure computing – checklists and tests to make sure your computers are configured properly.
- Secure mobile devices – checklists and tests to make sure your smartphones and tablets are configured properly.
- Incident response tests – quarterly fake phishing attacks that will test how your employees will behave in a real attack.
- User security tests – quarterly sessions with key users to confirm that your security systems are working as they should.
- Find the vulnerabilities hackers use – quarterly scanning of your key systems and of your network like a hacker would.
- Monitoring for suspicious changes – on-going monitoring of your network and DNS records for signs of a hack.
- Executive cyber security briefings – semi-annual sessions to review the health of your security and make changes.
Add-Ons Tailored to Your Needs
Since cyber security is not one-size-fits-all, additional solutions may be required to protect your business. Adelia Risk will provide a crystal clear picture on what you need and why after learning about your business and customers.
We pride ourselves on providing complete (but not overkill) security solutions customized for businesses.
Common examples include:
- Secure Web Browsing Add-On
- Email Security Add-On
- Email URL Defense
- Fully Transparent Secure Email
- Support during SEC Audits
- Employee activity monitoring
- Data Loss Prevention
- Two-Factor Authentication
- User Permission Reviews
- Disaster Recovery testing
- Endpoint Logging
- Penetration testing
- Monitoring for stolen credentials
- Firewall configuration
- Password Management
- Website security monitoring
To keep quality of service high, we only accept a very limited number of new clients each month.
The first step in our process is a Cybersecurity Strategy Session.
Our Chief Information Security Officer will get on the phone with you for 45 minutes to discuss your cybersecurity.
This is a substantive, no BS, no sales type of call.
At the end, if your firm seems like a good fit for our process, we’ll talk through how it might work.