Time and time again, we see MSP’s make the same cybersecurity mistakes:
- Focusing too much on the tools. Customers don’t care.
- Trying to wow customers with technology. They don’t care.
- Thinking that cybersecurity means simply adding training and a SOC to your stack. Nope.
- Trying to dazzle clients with a 100 page security assessment. Again, customers don’t care.
- Scaring customers with dramatic cybersecurity stories. Fear, Uncertain, and Doubt (F.U.D.) stopped working a decade ago.
- Avoiding the topic. Clients assume you’re on top of cybersecurity, but you know you’re not.
The good news is that it IS possible to sell cybersecurity to small and mid-sized businesses.
We’ve found three keys to success in selling cybersecurity…
- Focus on the right industries. Only certain types of companies are spending money on cybersecurity these days.
- Focus on the business impact. Tie cybersecurity to a business outcome TODAY. Focusing on some mysterious threat in the future doesn’t work.
- Have a clear, complete offer. Make it specific, and make sure it addresses the requirements of their industry.