HIPAA-Compliant G Suite
For medical companies thinking about moving to the cloud.
If you’re ready to move to a safer and more powerful system, G Suite is an excellent choice for medical businesses.
It’s affordable and easy to use. If you set it up the right way, it’s HIPAA compliant and much, much safer than any local server could ever be.
We offer a complete, end-to-end service to help your company move to G Suite.
Already have G Suite? Check out our G Suite HIPAA Risk Assessment.
Here’s how it works.
Your users will access their email using the familiar Gmail website. We’ll customize the site with your logo and colors so your users know when they’re using their work Gmail.
Have users who are more comfortable in Microsoft Outlook? We can give you instructions for setting up Outlook to work with G Suite email and calendars. They’ll barely notice the difference!
You’ll have your own custom email address (like email@example.com). If you already have a domain, we can use it. If not, we can help you find and get your email domain set up and configured properly.
Safe, HIPAA-Compliant Email
When you work with Adelia Risk, we set up G Suite with extra security and make sure your email is HIPAA compliant. We add:
- HIPAA-compliant Setup – We’ll make sure your G Suite Gmail is set up properly to be safe, secure, and HIPAA compliant.
- Secure Email – Send and receive PHI via email. Securely send to other practitioners, insurance companies, and patients.
- 100% virus protection – We add on the market-leading email security solution that provides 100% protection against known viruses.
- Worry-free email – Every link and attachment is scanned in real-time for risky and unknown phishing and malware.
- Daily quarantine digest – Your users will get a daily summary of any blocked or bad email. They can help train the system and stay informed about the latest threats.
Your users get access to a suite of excellent, browser-based productivity applications. Google has done an amazing job creating programs that have all the features you need, but get rid of a lot of the complexity that you don’t need.
The applications included in G Suite are:
- Calendar – schedule meetings within your company
- Docs – word processing (like Microsoft Word but easier to use)
- Sheets – spreadsheet (like Microsoft Excel but easier to use)
- Slides – presentations (like Microsoft PowerPoint but easier to use)
- Keep – a note-taking app (covered by HIPAA BAA, so suitable for PHI)
- Meet – a HIPAA-compliant tool for chatting and video conferences
- Forms – build surveys to collect information from people online (covered by HIPAA BAA, so suitable for PHI)
You can create templates for each of these services to save valuable time each day. And all of these services are covered by a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement, so you can safely use them for storing ePHI.
Safe, HIPAA-Compliant Documents
When you work with Adelia Risk, we set up G Suite with extra security and make sure your documents are HIPAA compliant. We add:
- Sharing Restrictions – we’ll configure Google Drive so you don’t accidentally share ePHI with outsiders.
- Sharing Alerts – we’ll set up email alerts so you’ll get notified if someone accidentally shares ePHI with outsiders.
- Document Encryption – we’ll review one computer to make sure that your documents are safe even if your computer is lost or stolen.
- Document Tracking – we’ll review one computer to make sure that you can retrieve your computer (and your documents) even if your computer is lost or stolen.
- Third Party Application Blocking – we’ll configure your G Suite Account so unauthorized third party Google Drive applications can’t access your ePHI.
- HIPAA-compliant video conferencing and chat – Google has a complex set of instant messaging and video conferencing tools. Not all of them are HIPAA compliant. We’ll set up your system to make sure you only use the tools suitable for ePHI.
HIPAA and Security
Out of the box, G Suite isn’t configured properly for healthcare practices.
We’ll make sure your G Suite system is configured properly for safe, HIPAA-compliant use.
- Strong passwords as recommended by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Two factor authentication as recommended by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Security alerts so you’ll know when something weird or bad happens in G Suite
HIPAA compliance goes way beyond G Suite, too. As part of our HIPAA Compliant G Suite setup, we also make sure your computers are safe.
Each month, we’ll send your users short, fun videos to train them about cyber security. They’ll learn about topics like phishing, passwords, USB drives, and more. They’ll also take a quiz to demonstrate that they’ve taken the training and have mastered the topic.
Lastly, it’s important to keep your computers safe. For each customer, we’ll do a thorough review of one computer to make sure that it’s set up to be safe and HIPAA compliant. If it’s not, we’ll provide specific instructions of settings to change or services to add in order to bring your computer into compliance.
You could certainly buy G Suite directly from Google. By doing so, though, you’d be responsible for making sure that your G Suite system is set up correctly. You’d need to spend your time and energy becoming an expert on cyber security, HIPAA compliance, and the technical operating of G Suite.
Here’s what you get by working with Adelia:
G Suite Default Configuration
HIPAA Compliant G Suite (Adelia)
|HIPAA BAA – HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA) between your practice and Google.||✓||✓|
|Easy to use email and calendar – Send and receive email and calendar invitations from your own email @yourcompany.com||✓||✓|
|Documents, spreadsheets, and presentations – Create, edit, and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Use them for PHI and safely back-up to the cloud.||✓||✓|
|Powerful collaboration tools – use Google Keep, Google Meet, and Google Forms to collect and share critical data.||✓||✓|
|Secure Email – Send and receive PHI via email. Securely send to other practitioners, insurance companies, and patients.||✖||✓|
|Dual-layer phishing protection – Every email is scanned for phishing attacks by two of the best scanners on the market.||✖||✓|
|Two-layer malware and ransomware protection – Every email sent to you is auto-scanned for malware and ransomware using two of the best scanners available.||✖||✓|
|Worry-free email – Every link and attachment is scanned in real-time for risky and unknown phishing and malware. Bad links are blocked in real time.||✖||✓|
|Daily quarantine digest – Your users will get a daily summary of any blocked or bad email. They can help train the system and stay informed about the latest threats.||✖||✓|
|Secure Google Drive Configuration – we’ll configure Google Drive so you don’t accidentally share ePHI with outsiders. You’ll get notified if someone accidentally shares ePHI with outsiders.||✖||✓|
|HIPAA Compliant G Suite – we’ll configure G Suite so you have strong passwords, two factor authentication, and alerts sent when anything bad or unusual happens.||✖||✓|
|HIPAA Compliant Computer Review – expert review of your computer settings and programs to make sure you’re safe, secure, and HIPAA compliant.||✖||✓|
|Online Cyber Security Training – short, fun videos to teach your users about good cyber security.||✖||✓|
|Save you time – you need to spend your time focused on your business, not learning G Suite, HIPAA, and cyber security.||✖||✓|
HIPAA Compliant G Suite for
$49 / user / month
One Time Setup Fee: $99
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is there a sign-up fee?
Yes. We charge $99 to set up the service initially. This is a one-time fee.
How does the setup process work?
- Introductory Meeting – to get started, schedule a 30 minute meeting with us below to get started. We’ll answer any questions, walk through the process, and get set up for the next steps.
- G Suite Settings Update – Over the next few days, we’ll review and update your G Suite settings to make them HIPAA compliant.
- Training and HIPAA Computer Review – Once the settings are updated, we’ll schedule an hour to show you how it all works, answer your questions, and review the cyber security settings on your computer.
I use more than one computer. Is there an extra cost?
No, there is no extra cost per computer. We charge by the user. If desired, though, you can have us to cyber security reviews on multiple computers at additional cost.
Does this plan include the cost of G Suite?
Yes. If you already subscribe to G Suite, you can take $5 off the price of the service.
Do I have to sign a long term contract?
No. Cancel or change plans at any time with 30 days notice by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we do offer discounts for longer term commitments and advanced payment.
Discounts you say? How do I get these discounts?
- 5% discount for payment 12 months in advance
- 10% discount for payment 24 months in advance
- 15% discount for payment 36 months in advance
What types of payments do you accept?
For monthly plans, we accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. At this time, we are unable to accept a PO, invoice you, or take an order over the phone for monthly plans.
For longer term plans (12, 24, or 36 months), we are able to send you an invoice on net 30 terms.